There are so many reasons to take good care of your smile and yet, so many people do not take the time to see their dentist until something goes wrong. Regular checkups and proper home care are essential in the fight against tooth decay but most people are already aware of this. Read on to find out the numerous advantages of a healthy mouth, beyond preventing a cavity in Hudson, NY.
Top Reasons to Protect the Health of Your Smile with Regular Check Ups
- Attractive smiles get noticed, and they give you confidence. A beautiful smile is made up of healthy teeth and gums.
- Cavities are not the only risk. Gum disease, which is a periodontal infection, causes bleeding gums, gum recession, tooth sensitivity, tooth loss, bad breath, and bone loss.
- Tooth loss is avoidable. With proper home care and regular professional cleanings and exams from your dentist, you should be able to enjoy your natural smile throughout your lifetime.
- Gum disease not only destroys your smile, it has been linked with systemic illnesses, like diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Memory loss, respiratory conditions, and certain types of cancer have also been associated with this oral infection that causes chronic inflammation.
- Your doctor screens for oral cancer at your annual exam. Early detection is critical to your wellness. Your doctor will also check your neck, lymph nodes, and jaw for cysts and tumors.
- If you have teeth that are out of alignment, affecting your bite, or if you grind your teeth, a dentist can diagnose and correct these issues, which could otherwise lead to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
- Extensive dental work can be expensive. Allowing your doctor to maintain the health of your smile with regular visits can save you money and time in the long run.
Regular dental visits are an essential part of your oral health and help you to avoid the discomfort and inconvenience associated with filling a cavity in Hudson, NY. Schedule an exam with Dr. Robert Danz today to learn more!