When you know how to take care of your teeth, your smile can last a lifetime. Most of us believe we have a solid understanding of what causes tooth pain, but do we? If you can’t remember the last time your dentist in Hudson, NY, took the time to explain new research or advanced technology, test your dental IQ with a pop quiz from Dr. Robert Danz.
How Well Do You Know Your Smile?
1. Which of the follow is a symptom of gum disease?
a. Tooth decay
b. Persistent cough
c. Bleeding gums
d. Pain when you bite down
2. What causes cavities?
a. Plaque build-up
d. All of the above
3. Pediatric dentists recommend that a child begin going to the dentist at what age?
a. 1 year old
b. 5 years old
c. 7 years old
d. 9 years old
4. Flossing can be replaced by:
b. A water flosser
c. Floss sticks
d. None of the above
Answers to the Dental Hygiene Quiz
- Bleeding gums (C). Gum disease is a chronic infection with symptoms that include bleeding, swollen gums, bad breath, receding gums, loose teeth, bone loss, and tooth loss.
- All of the above (D). Plaque is a film that builds up on your teeth. Bacteria that live in your mouth digest starch and sugars, turning them into acids, which damage the surface of the tooth’s enamel.
- 1 year old (A). Children should become established with a dentist around their first birthday or when their teeth first appear, whichever comes first.
- None of the above (D). While all of these products may be helpful, no item can take the place of flossing. Floss allows you to reach around your entire tooth, using abrasion to remove particles and bacteria.
How did you do? To ensure that you know how to protect your smile for years to come, schedule a consultation with our dentist in Hudson, NY, Dr. Danz. He places a high priority on patient education as well as comfort. If you have tooth pain, call now to get an immediate appointment.
Currently rated by 0 people